ASSISTANCE AND ADVICE FOR RENOVATION WORK AT THE END OF THE LEASE (DILAPIDATIONS)
When estimating repair obligations at the end of the lease, the client appoints us to provide advice and assistance:
• Prior to lease expiring, analysing the property’s tenancy history and leases/licences
• At lease expiring, estimating renovation budgets
• And finally, following lease expiring, providing details of works and costs involved and agreeing negotiation strategy.
This is an instruction in which we save money for our clients: for the landlord we optimise the amount of compensation to be demanded for the disrepair, and for the tenant we help to reduce the compensation demanded by the landlord.
We adopt a validated and approved method, in accordance with RICS standards.
OUR MISSION: To save money for our clients at the end of the lease.
THE ESTIMATION OF THE COSTS OF RENOVATING PREMISES AT THE END OF THE LEASE
Workman Turnbull employs an objective and established method:
• Analysis of the lease, the inventories and the repair and renovation obligations upon the tenant
• Detailed inspection of the building and identification of the works required
• Preparation of a detailed estimate for the required work
• Help with the submission of the claim and discussion on the negotiation strategy
• Maximisation of the final compensation amount payable
OUR SERVICES: Clear and straightforward departure process in consultation with the landlord-tenant.
• Tried and trusted methodology
• Our database of established costs for building renovation work
• Validated and approved method, fully compliant with RICS standards
WHAT OUR CLIENTS PARTICULARLY APPRECIATE
• A detailed knowledge of the life of the building throughout the lease
• An in-depth analysis of lease clauses
• A detailed and objective approach to the estimates for any identified work
A method compliant with RICS standards to optimise the sums negotiated at the end of the lease